Billings Preventative Dentistry
Keep Your Smile Happy & Healthy for Years to Come
Preventative dental care remains important throughout your life, it could
arguably be called the most important job a dentist has. You should visit
a dentist at least twice a year for an exam and a cleaning. Keeping up
regular visits allow your dentist a chance to check for tooth damage,
developing cavities, and gum disease. Identifying these conditions early
often means they can be treated through simple, cost-effective methods
before they develop into serious problems.
At Brewer Dental Center, we offer the following preventative dental services:
Preventative Care at Home
Your dentist can only do so much to keep your smile healthy. Much of the
work comes from home hygiene. Below are just some of the ways you can
prevent serious dental complications:
- Brush and floss at least twice daily
- Be sure to brush the surface of your tongue- bacteria can sit here too!
- Make a mouth wash rinse part of your daily oral hygiene routine
- Eat nutritious foods such as raw vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese, and fruit
- Be sure to schedule cleanings with your dentist every six months
- If you play sports or have an active lifestyle, consider asking your dentist
for a mouth guard
If you have sensitive teeth or are prone to cavities, you can also ask
your dentist about protective sealants that can prevent bacteria from
wedging itself in hard-to-reach places in teeth. Talk to one of our dentists
in Billings today if you have more concerns about dental hygiene.
Call (406) 412-6365 to schedule your appointment. We’ll see you today.